Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

third day of ted seth jacobs workshop in France

Today ted was a little harsher on the class, he noted that most of the students in class today (5 total students) had incorrect measurements regarding the models head. He said hes never been fully able to understand why but he believes it to be a pshycologocal thing. All the measurements were incorrect regarding the models forehead. It was to compact and needed to be elongated. He also noted that understanding anatomy is not very helpful and can in fact be harmful as people who know anatomy make everything emphasized. On this point I disagree but I knew coming In I was not going to mimic all of teds theorys. This is good as I believe we need to combine our education, and with the knowledge we have gained, skills we obtained and information we know in combination is what makes us unique artists.

I have read that Anthony Ryder when studying with Ted did only the block in for 1 year. since I only have 5 weeks with Ted and I do not know If he will do another workshop next year I will practice doing the block in with my anatomy studies. I am also considering doing some time with Anthony Ryder at his school. I REALLY need to nail down that block in method before I refine drawing further. I have taken extensive notes and I think I will tweak my current book with the new information I have learned from Ted.

 I have also some plein aire paintings that are in the works. I need to practice everyday while I am here.

All plein aire paintings I complete will be going on my etsy account and any funds will help pay for my France Fund. 

I am looking into taking a workshop with Michael Grimaldi and another with Dan Thompson following this workshop at  http://www.bacaa.org/ I want to do this so I can really refine my understanding of the block in method and use of anatomy in the figure.

I still have my stay at Studio Escalier this August and I will post more regarding there workshops.

bonjour!

No comments:

Post a Comment