Total Pageviews

Friday, June 12, 2015

Ted Seth Jacobs Workshop In France Update



For the past two weeks I have been staying a beautiful farmhouse called Les Moulin in Les Cerquex Sous Passavat, France. Here sun rises at 6am and doesn't set until 10-11pm, so that makes for very long days. I have one hour walks to and from class that I enjoy very much. It lets me take in the air and the beautiful countryside. I like taking photos of the scenery and cows I see along the way. The town I am staying in is beautiful and has a characteristic feel that you just cant find in the states. The only downside to that is that roads are a bit on the small side so you have to be careful when walking around. None the less my time here has been great.

 For those new to my blog, I am currently doing a 5 week workshop with Ted Seth Jacobs  that focuses on drawing and painting. The workshop is being hosted through http://www.bacaa.org/ ,an amazing school located in the Bay Area near San Francisco, California,who's teaching principles are founded on the same principles that Ted Seth Jacobs uses. This year's workshop is running from 6/1 thru 7/3 in Les Cerquex Sous Passavat, France. 

The next workshop hosted

by http://www.bacaa.org/ been already been scheduled for next summer running from 5/30/2016 to 7/3/2016. If you are interested in attending the next workshop, I highly recommend signing up immediately since available is limited.

Click here for details:
 http://www.bacaa.org/workshops-descriptions/ted-seth-jacobs-summer-program-study-the-figure-with-a-maste.html 

  For the next 4 weeks I will be discussing Mr. Jacobs's workshop and sharing information from his lectures. I will also share photos and talking about the quaint town in which I am staying in. For the next couple of days instead of doing my typical daily blog posts I will be separating the of blog posts into small sections. Each section of my blog post will focus on a specific principle that ted discusses during the workshop I will also be providing visual examples to help further explain any of these principles.


For me, taking this workshop has truly been a once in a lifetime experience. Mr Jacobs has been a great inspiration having trained a generation of painters including Jacob Collins, Patricia Watwood and Anthony Ryder. I would like to thank http://www.bacaa.org/ for their acceptance into this great workshop and giving me the chance to further my artistic education.

No comments:

Post a Comment