Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Julian Plate Study

I completed another plate study after the Julian plate's I have only so many left to study from now. Although this was another good study I realized that there were many faults on my part as well as the reproduction. I was at a loss on gathering information from the plate Itself and had to get a little creative with the tones. The original plate study has a much smoother transition on the plane's while my study was a little rougher, at the same time I made some changes independently from the study. I disliked the cast shadow's on the lips some of the edges were much to sharp for my taste's. Good study nonetheless and I look forward to continuing challenging myself.

11x14 graphite on toned paper. Using 2h,H,B, 5B graphite lead's

No comments:

Post a Comment