Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 25, 2018

Gundam Commission-Progress


Some progress on this Gundam Commission I am working on. I also wanted to share some of my process on how i complete commissions. 
I always start with gestural studies and doing a refined study of what I will be working on. This really helps me cement what i will be producing especially if it is a new idea. Since i usually work in traditional formats (portraits, figures, landscapes) I wanted to get an idea on how a Gundam is designed. I noticed a lot of straight simplified edges, and smooth lines.
Next I did a full study on what the actual design will be. I then use an old Reniassance method to transfer the drawing to the illustration board. 
 Here is the final piece in progress, i have done the transfer and refined any points of interest, as well as confirmed the composition. Now i will establish the overall design using line quality and i will use an undertone in watercolor before i move to finish the piece in full color.

Stay  tuned for more!


No comments:

Post a Comment